Sunday, March 19, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday #12-2017

March is our month to use something old (over a year) from our stash.

Gracie starts this Sunday with a clean and simple card.


The extra challenge this month is to use something  you haven't used in a year.  Boy, that part is easy!  All I had to do was turn around and look at my Scraprack!  On today's card I chose a button then built my card around it.  The buttons are a bright blue so I made a card base from bright blue cs .  I stenciled white cs with a Spellbinders stencil Floral and Stone using Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Dried Marigold.  The sentiment  is a rubber stamp that I've taken off  the block so I'm  not  sure  of the source.  I tied knots in the buttons with pink and white twine and stuck them down with glue dots. ~   Gracie 

My card stays very simple.


Inside

I decided to return to my roots and use my Cricut Explore without any stamps or other effects.  The cartridge I used is Disney Pooh and Friends.  I have had this cartridge for a very long time because I have a soft spot for all the characters from Winnie the Pooh.  There are only a few layers for Pooh which I cut out of scrap card stock from my stash.  I cut and wrote the speech bubble on the Explore. The was attached to a light blue card base.  The inside sentiment was printed on my printer and I ran a red distress ink around the edge before mounting it inside. So quick and easy to do.  Because Pooh is a simple bear, I kept this very simple. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment