Monday, March 27, 2017

Masculine Monday #13-2017

This is our day for masculine cards and Sue brings us this sporty card with one of my favorite embossing folders.


I started with a piece of silver cardstock and the Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder. It was another embossing folder that I hadn’t used for some time. I stamped the race car from CTMH’s Fast and Furious stamp set. The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up’s Rev Up the Fun stamp set. I used pewter brads to add to the masculine-look. - Sue

I love making personal cards and this is another one. -


Inside

The ship stamp was one of the first I purchased from Unity about a year and a half ago, but only used once or twice.  They have several quick one minute tips on their website and one of those was to stamp on Kraft paper and then use a white pencil to color in parts of it.  I decided that would be a neat technique to do with this stamp.  I then stamped the sentiment from Pink by Design set that has all kinds of sea and cruising sayings on it, but I don't know what it is called. I purchased the set after a cruise I took over two years ago. I then heat embossed it in white.  The technique also calls for spattering it in white paint, but I don't do the messy look well and since it is for a man in his late 80's I didn't think he would appreciate it either, so I kept it clean and simple. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment