Sunday, April 30, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday #18-2017

Since our weeks start with a Sunday, we have a bonus week for April to use more die cuts.

Gracie is doing our 5th week and starts with this clean and simple card.


The overall challenge this week us to use a die cut for every card.  Time for the Silhouette, the Big Shot, and my Blue Baby.  Today' theme us anything goes.  I die cut the butterflies and the sentiment using plum cardstock and touched them up with Wink of Stella for shimmer.  The patterned paper is from a paper pad and card front is celery green cardstock.  The card base is white cardstock.  I added lavender enamel dots for accents.  I am unsure of the die sources since I have "organized" them (they are all now out of their packages). ~ Gracie

Thank you cards lend themselves to clean and simple, so that is what I did too.


My father suffered a stroke recently, but thanks to quick treatment he recovered completely with just a couple days in the hospital.  He asked me to make a couple of thank you cards to give to those who took care of him and this is one of those cards.  The image and sentiment are from a Unity stamp set called Karen Girl.  I stamped it with Versafine ink on watercolor paper.  I colored it by smooching various Distress Inks on my work mat then using a wet brush to paint the image and put a color wash around it.  I used one of my stitched oval dies on my Cuttlebug.  I use those nesting dies a lot.  I used foam tape to pop it up on a mat of striped paper from a 6 x 6 pad by My Mind's Eye called Cut & Paste. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment