Monday, April 10, 2017

Masculine Monday #15-2017

Masculine Monday with die cuts -

Tantalaya uses a great intricate die.


This card I wanted to keep simple and not too flashy since it is a masculine card. The die I used on this card is from Penny Black called half circle. I attached it to simple craft cardstock and made it the focal point of the card. I then finished it with the window punch and the label punch for the sentiment together to really complete the card.  I will say this if you have "stick-it" adhesive I would add it to the back of your paper and then cut this die out, it will make it easier to attach it to the card. - Tantalaya

The tip Tantalaya gives about Stick-it adhesive is a great one for intricate or delicate die cuts.

My card uses another tip utilizing vinyl for small cuts on an electronic die cutting machine.


Open

My card is a twist and pop for my brother.  I found a cut file for the Explore on YouTube found here. I am making these for the family this year, so more will be showing up.  The tag on the front was also cut on my Explore and then attached with a eyelet.  The inside cake and candles are from the cartridge called Creative Memories, Stork's Delivery.  Each candle is three parts and there are fifty-five of them because I wanted it to be his actual age in case he counted.  For cuts this small, it really helps me to cut them in vinyl.  They cut like a dream and are already sticky to make layering and placing on the card go well too.  The flames were done in a glitter flake vinyl. All the patterned paper came from a 6 x 6 pad called Party Day by Crate Paper and the sentiment from CTMH, Just a Number - Denise




1 comment:

  1. Great cards! I forget to use he "stick it" tip! Need to make a mental note to self!

    ReplyDelete