Monday, April 17, 2017

Masculine Monday #16-2017

The designers have come up with some wonderful masculine cards this year and Gracie gives us another one.


One thing I love about this blog is the encouragement to make masculine cards!  I started with a gray cs base.  I used a mat of gray speckled paper and stamped a Tim Holtz image off center.  I accented the gray with burnt orange cs.  I used a Spellbinders die and cut the die with dark gray cs.  The center of the die I cut a second time with light gray paper and stamped my sentiment on the center piece (Technique Tuesday).  I added some bronze brads before adhering the panel to the card. ~ Gracie  

I had a simple approach to my card -


This used a cut from one of my oldest and favorite Cricut cartridges called A Child's Year. I took out the ripples in the "water" to be a true silhouette and cut it out of black cardstock.  I mounted that on a white wood-grain embossed card stock from Altenew and placed it on another piece of black cardstock.  The sentiment is from a CTMH set called Holiday Tags and was heat embossed in white.- Denise


1 comment: