Thursday, April 27, 2017

Technique Thursday #17-2017

We have been doing some different types of cards for our techniques on Thursdays.  Today we do a twisted easel card with a tutorial found here.

Sue makes a beautiful Thank You card.


Open


The twisted easel card was a first for me. I had not heard of this type of card. I followed instruction – not that difficult. The base pieces were from a piece of My Minds Eye cardstock. I die cut the dusty rose cardstock using Spellbinders Label one die. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Big Scripty Greetings stamp set, which was then die cut using a Sizzix circle die.The sprigs were die cut using Poppystamps leafy Sprig die. The center panel featured an inked heart using Hero Arts highlighting SA085 stencil. Unfortunately, I can’t remember which stamp set the sentiment is from – oops! - Sue

It was also my first time for a twisted easel card -


Open

I started with some card stock I picked up at unique paper store about an hour and a half from me that sells all kinds of different paper by the pound.  You never know what is going to be there and this features cream on one side and dark blue on the other with a really neat texture on both sides.  I cut it into a 5.5" x 11" piece and folded it in half for a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  After scoring diagonally on the front, I sponged the edges with Distress Ink.  The image and sentiment came from the Unity Kit of the Month kit for April 2017 called Be My Bird. I used Versamark to stamp the image and heat embossed with white.  Then I sponged in layers with Distress Ink (Salty Ocean) using a piece of cardstock that I just cut in a wave pattern.  I used Mowed Lawn for the bottom.  The embossing resists the ink so that it shows.  I highlighted the hearts with a red Flair pen.  I then cut it using a nesting stitched oval die. The sentiment was stamped and then cut with a stitched pendent die then sponged on the edges with Distress Ink.  It was mounted on foam tape to hold the front open.  I decided it looked pretty plain, so i added some red pearls by Want to Scrap. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment