Friday, May 5, 2017

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #18-2017

The card we C.A.S.E. today makes use of an acrylic panel.


Gracie shows us this card sure to cheer up anyone who receives it.


I love the simplicity of this card and it was so easy to make!  I started by trimming my card base front by 1 inch from each side then attached an acetate sheet to the back.  I die cut the flowers with white cardstock and lightly sponged the edges of the flowers with yellow ink.  I used 2 different greens to die cut the leaves and bright yellow for the centers of the flowers.  The sentiment is from Simon Says and is cut from bright green cardstock.  The easiest way to keep  the adhesive on the acetate from showing is to cut 2 of each element and attach them on the back! ~ Gracie 


My card is flying high-


Inside

Since my husband and son are both pilots, I gravitate to planes.  When this set called Up and Away from Local King Rubber came out with matching dies, I decided that I had to have it. I stamped them with Memento Ink and colored the larger image with Spectrum Noir markers. I used a Darice folder to emboss the the front of the card and then used a nail file to go over the raised clouds and expose the core color. The inside sentiment is from Club Scrap (Navigation) and fit nicely on the side so that it didn't show through the acrylic panel. The inside panel was cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I decided to emboss another piece of card stock and adhere to the inside front to cover the adhesive used to put the acrylic on the front. - Denise 




No comments:

Post a Comment