Saturday, May 20, 2017

Shapely Saturday 20-2017

If you are looking for the water-color blog hop click here.

While rectangle or square cards are easy, a shaped card can really make a statement, so our Saturday cards will feature shapes for the next few months.

Tantalaya has made a wonderful border to set her card off.


For the shape card I used dies from Darice the Nesting Book Pages. I used the same die to cut the card shape and to cut the pattern paper to go on top. I then took a die cut piece and stamped thank you sentiment and fun design under it and attached to the front of the card. Then attached a ribbon and knotted it and finished it with a Prima flower, and at the very end, I misted the card with sheer shimmer spritz in frost to give a slight sheen. - Tantalaya

Having an electronic die machine can make shaped cards a snap.


I choose a teapot from one of my cartridges A Child's Year) and on design space I sized it and then copied it twice.  On one of the images, I flipped it and lined it up with another until the handles met and welded them together.  I cut that in a blue cardstock and cut the third one trying to put the design to be where it would work for the teapot.  I did add lines to the top and handle so that it would look like it had an actual top.  I used a button on the top since I am trying to use up some of the baubles in my stash.  The sentiment was from Fiskar's Thanks a Latte and was cut with one of my nesting dies. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment