Sunday, May 28, 2017

Shine and Sparkle Sunday #22-2017

This is the last week of using the same paper pack for the week and we are shining and sparkling this Sunday.

Sue works up a shiny birthday card.


Close up

I like working with 6x6 paper packs. In fact, I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to 6x6 paper packs! A lot of work is done for you as the papers all coordinate. So for this card, I chose the striped paper with a ‘sort of’ solid paper to create the base of the card. I felt it needed something more, so I added a narrow strip of grey. To add the shine, I die cut using Simon Says STAMP’s Painted Happy Birthday die using a piece of shiny teal cardstock. To complete the card, I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle. Easy-peasy! - Sue

This is the paper pack that Sue will be using all week.
MME’s 6x6 Reunion Paper Pack

I made my sentiment shiny too.


I recently acquired a Minc foil applicator machine because it was a great price on one of the online stores I use.  This was the first chance I had to play with it.  I also purchased a font bundle online so that I had some pretty fonts to use.  I first used white card stock but then realized that it would really show up better on a darker paper.  I made the sentiment on my computer and then printed it on my laser printer using a dark patterned paper from my paper pack for this week.  I then sent it through the Minc machine using silver reactive foil.  You have to print using toner, which means either a laser printer or a copier.  I then used some silver paper that I have to mat behind it using oval nesting dies to cut out both.  I cut from the middle of the silver paper ans used the rest to mat behind the patterned paper.  I decided the top of the oval was too empty, so I added three silver brads.  I really like the look of the silver sentiment and it was easy to do, so I will be using it again soon. - Denise


1 comment:

  1. Beauties! Okay, now I have to go get a laser printer because I just HAVE to make something this pretty!

    ReplyDelete