Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sympathy Tuesday #21-2017

Using the same paper pad in a week that includes both a child's card and a sympathy card shows just how creative the design team will be this month.

Here Gracie creates a stunning sympathy card .


Looking through my paper pad I found this pretty sheet of paper.  Searching through my stamps I found this Technique Tuesday stamp Ruffled Rose.  I stamped it on the paper with Versa Mark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.  I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and mounted it on white cardstock then on a peach cardstock base. ~ Gracie 

Denise chose green and black for her card.


I think the ferns on the paper have a calming effect, so I chose that as the background.  I stamped the image and sentiment on velum with Versafine and then added clear embossing powder to both set the ink and give it some dimension.  The flowers are from Unity and the set is called Insightful Meadows.  The sentiment is also from Unity in a set called May Strength Surround You. I mounted the whole thing on a black card base and offset the velum so that more of the ferns would show. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. Love that color you used, Gracie and the gold embossing, wow! Denise, yours is so soft and subtle and the way you attached your vellum with tape all around...perfectly spaced...makes it look like a decorative border...genius I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete