Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sympathy Tuesday #22-2017

On Tuesdays we are making sympathy cards.

Sue shares this beautiful card.


Typically, my sympathy cards have been black, grey and white. For this card, I tried to add a bit of colour. I chose a patterned paper from the pack which is dark brown with some colour patterns. I used Stampin Up’s Thoughts and Prayers 2 of 2 for the tree silhouette and sentiment, both stamped with Stampin Up’s Early Espresso ink. I finished the card with three Recollections’ (Michaels) faux pearls. I think that the colours are subdued enough for a sympathy card – don’t you think? - Sue

I make the sentiment the focus on my card.


I chose my paper pack this week based on a couple of the other challenges.  When it cam to making a sympathy card, I went through the pack several times before I could come up with something that I thought would work.  The paper in all the packs is double-sided and I think that this is really the B side of the paper so to speak. (If you know what the A and B sides of a record are, then you are old like me, lol.) Anyway, since it was black and white, I thought it could work and since this sentiment from Unity Stamp Company (Beautiful Life, Blessed Memories) is large, the paper just becomes a background.  I used a nesting die set to cut the sentiment and a mat.  I added some red jewels by Eyelet Outlet to give it some color because the black and white seemed a little too bleak. - Denise

2 comments:

  1. I think they are both lovely and a little color helps. I love that stamp set Denise! You have made some really pretty cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble making sympathy cards, so I appreciate your beautiful inspiration. I agree with Gracie..color makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete