Thursday, May 4, 2017

Technique Thursday #18-2017

Today's technique is called a diorama card.  It really makes good use of die cuts and one way of making a simple one can be found here.

While these cards can be made with as little as two layers, Gracie used five layers to make this eye-catching card.



Today's challenge was making a diorama card.  Ok - time for the Silhouette!  Found a sweet spring file.  There are actually 5 layers - the background, the first layer with 1 TULIP, the second layer with 3 tulips and the bird background, the 4th layer with the 4 tulips and the bluebird, and the 5th layer which is the outside frame.  I used pop dots of different widths to give the card depth.I added some glitter blue hot fix stones in the corner.  The card front was placed on a card base using the same cardstock as the background.  I am pretty sure this one will need extra postage  :)  ~ Gracie

I used three layers in my card -


I had cut out a lot of these pieces to do the Z-fold challenge a couple of weeks ago, but life got in the way before I could put it together, so I decided to use them to make this card.  When there are a lot of small detailed layers, I like to use vinyl because it cuts easily and doesn't add a lot of bulk.  I make a base out of black card stock to provide a stable base for the vinyl.  All of the images were cut on the Explore and used the following cartridges, Bloom, Freshly Picked and Dinosaur Tracks.  I made the tables by swiping brown ink across white card stock to resemble wood and then cutting strips to make into the tables.  I made them stiff enough to keep their shape by backing them with plastic cut from some of the clam-shell packaging that cartridges came it.  I saved some of the those to use for the various projects.  I printed the sentiments on my printer and the cut those in strips.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the ends by turning the punch over and lining up the ends so that the pattern would cut in the right spot.  I sponged most of the edges with blue Distress Ink to give some added depth. I did add some foam behind some of the layers to help them keep their separation and keep them stable. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment