Monday, May 15, 2017

Youth Monday #20-2017

Today our challenge is to make a card a baby card or one for a child.

Tantalaya has this sweet card.


This new baby card, I used the Sweet n' Sassy stamp set Vintage Baby. I distressed the edges of the card base and the pattern paper with Stormy Sky Tim Holtz distress ink cube.  I also used it on the edge of the doily under the sentiment and the main feature stamped. I stamped welcome sweet little one and the woman and child stamp, making sure to leave space for the twine to go in between. I then used some Prima Metallic Accents paint and splattered on the card in the matching blue color. I finished it off with grey mist Nuvo jewel drops. - Tantalaya

My card was made to send to my granddaughter.


This image reminded me so much of her and her cat that I had to make a card for her.  The image and sentiment are from a set by Unity Stamp Company called Kitty Love.  I stamped it on white card stock with Versafine black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  This trick allowed me to use my Spectrum Noir markers with Versafine without it bleeding.  The embossing also keeps the colors in the image from bleeding into each other which works well with an image like this.  The two patterned papers are from m paper pack for the week.  It is from s.e.i. and is called Couture Collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment