Monday, May 29, 2017

Youth Monday #22-2017

We continue using our paper packs with a youth card for today.

Sue has a fun card for us today.


I realize that my selection of paper didn’t really scream youth/baby. However, the orange tone-on-tone paper reminded me of the wrapper of Crayola crayons. I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Color My World stamp set and stamped the crayon three times. I coloured them in with Copics R46, G05, Y38 and BG05. The sentiment stamped in black is from Paper Smooches’ Sentiment Sampler. I matted the card with black, to mimic the black outlines on the crayon wrapper. I struggled a bit with placement of the fussy-cut crayons. I settled on a “random” placement. I felt inspired to add a bit of “crayon colouring” at the base of each crayon. -Sue

My card for a child or those young at heart.


Since my husband and son are pilots, I am drawn to papers with planes on them. I chose an image from the Cricut Cartridge called A Child's Year.  I love this cartridge because of all the great silhouettes it has.  I cut it from dark blue card stock and used two papers from my pack for this week.  The paper kit is called Getaway by Echo Park.  I sent ahead and cut a banner from the same paper as the background but turned it a different way.  The sentiment is from a set called First Class by Close To My Heart and was stamped in dark blue. - Denise

Here is my pack for this week
.


1 comment:

  1. I don't think I mentioned I like the new daily themes you have! I find youth cards difficult to make, so inspiration is always welcome. And these are great!

    ReplyDelete