Saturday, June 10, 2017

Shapely Saturday 23-2017

Shapely Saturdays are all about making cards that are not the normal rectangle or square shape.

Tantalaya shows how this happens when you open her card.




This card was also challenging but this one was a fun fold card that I got from Dawn stamping thoughts.com With its fun angles and layers this card folds to form a square card but it is self is not square at all. I used paper from a DCWV paper pad and I used from BoBunny a flower stamp set that I colored in the flowers using the Spectrum Noir Sparkle marker in red. - Tantalaya

My Cricut Explore makes it easy to do shaped cards.


Inside

My granddaughter is taking swim lessons right now, so I decided to make a card for her.  I searched on Design Space for fish since I wanted to reference her swimming like one.  An image for this fish bowl came up from the cartridge Life is a Beach.  After looking at it, I thought it would make a fun shaker card.  To do that I copied the base, flipped that image upside down and fitting the two shapes together, I then welded them together to create the card base.  I took the front and sliced out the center to create a frame for the front.  After they were cut, I traced around the frame on some plastic packaging and cut just inside it to make the window.  I was going to use the fish that was with the Cricut cut, but I just purchased a cute paper pad from Heartfelt Creations called Under the Sea, so I fussy cut a fish and turtle from one of the papers and put them on foam tape..  I also used paper from that pad for the background on the front and inside.  I did use the leaves from the Cricut cut to attach to the inside. I used a thicker foam tape that I just purchased from Amazon in two huge rolls.  It was a lot cheaper to get it that way, but I think it will last forever. I like the thickness for doing shaker cards, but doing the round shape was a trial to my patience.  The inside was also stamped with a few shell stamps that I had from Hero Arts and Firefly.  I filled the inside with micro beads that I purchased on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  The picture doesn't show how shimmery the beads are.  I used my Explore to write the sentiment on the front and the inside of the card.  The stamp is from Unity and is called Depth of Life. - Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment