Sunday, June 4, 2017

Shine and Sparkle Sunday #23-2017

We start the month of June with a new overall challenge for the month to use something you have purchased in the last year.

We start with Tantalaya and her card that shines.


I used the Concord & 9th Tree Ring Background Stamp with Nuvo gold embossing powder on vellum. I then used some gold thread and I attached the sentiment with foam tape which I used to hold down the gold thread. To finish it off I used the Prima Metallic Accents, the black, and the gold I splattered using my water brush to complete the look. - Tantalaya

I added shine in a couple of ways.



Card open
Detail of lettering

I added shine to this card a couple of ways.  One was to use my new Minc machine on  the front sentiment.  I used Word to print what I wanted and one of the fonts I used was part of a new font bundle I purchased from fontbundles.net. I printed it on my laser printer and then used  blue foil and followed the directions for the Minc.  The result is fairly subtle with this font, but catches your eye in person.  I then matted the front and inside with a foil paper by American Crafts.  I colored all the images with Spectrum Noir markers.  I did heat emboss all of the images with clear embossing powder before coloring with them.  It makes it easier to stay inside the lines and keeps the colors from bleeding.  The Stamps I used were Art Impressions, People Get Well; Unity Damn, Your Old; Fiskars, Make a Wish; CTMH, Occasions.  The patterned paper was from a 6 x 6 Crate Paper pack called Party Day.- Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment