Thursday, June 22, 2017

Technique Thursday #25-2017

A band card is a cute way to add a little interest to a gatefold card that can have trouble staying closed.  If you want to see how to do this look here or here.

Sue used this method on another fold with some great results.


Open card

I was originally going to create a gatefold card with a “belly band”. However, I saw a video where a fun square card with a “belly band” was made from a piece of 6”x6” double sided cardstock. I used my WeRMemory Keepers envelope punch board to score at 2 ¾” from each corner. Instead of punching and scoring the paper, just score. The scorelines don’t reach to the edge of the paper. However, if you fold the paper along the four scorelines, the scorelines will reach to the edge of the paper. Where two scorelines intersect, a small triangle is formed. Using scissors, cut out the triangle. Score the left flap 5/8” from the top on each of the four sides and fold away from the centre. For the message, I used a 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” piece of cardstock. I stamped using Simon Says STAMP’s Floral Bookmarking stamp set for the flower and CAS-ual Fridays’ Dream Then Do stamp set for the sentiment. I adhered this square panel to the center of the card. Fold each flap towards the center, in order (going counter clockwise). For the last flap, gently slide the lead edge under the first folded panel. To make the “belly band”, I started with ¾” strip about 8” in length. For the sentiment, I used CASual Fridays’ Hope Fri-die cut from a piece of light pink cardstock. I used a 1.5” circle punch and the SU’s scalloped circle to complete the card.- Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment