Monday, July 31, 2017

Youth Monday #31-2017

Monday is our day to make a baby or youth card.  Baby cards do not mean you have to use blue or pink.


I decided to use a cute Darice embossing folder I had. I wanted to do a method where you swipe an ink pad over one side of the embossing folder and then put the paper in before running it through the embossing folder.  I had tried Distress inks before, but didn't like the way they turned out.  Having just  purchased the first twelve colors of the Distress Oxide ink, I decided to try one of those.  I used Cracked Pistachio and swiped it across the side that had depressions on it (vs the raised side) until it looked like it had good coverage.  I put in a blank card base and sent it through.  I did the same with a Ranger Archival ink pad in Yellow Chrome.  Both of them worked well and gave a nice white relief on the raised part of the embossed image. I stamped the two sentiments (one from the Fiskars set called Sentiments and one from a set called Baby Love, maker unknown) in black ink.  I thought it was still a little plain, so I added three white buttons from my stash to each. I do like my now Oxide inks because they are a combination of pigment and dye ink and seem to work better for some techniques over the Distress inks.- Denise 

No comments:

Post a Comment