Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Freestyle - #38-2017

Freestyle Friday allowed me to do a nautical theme with the Pearlized Stamping technique.


I started by swiping Versamark on a piece of cream cardstock and then using a brayer to apply even more Versamark so that it was coated evenly.  I brushed on Perfect Pearls Forever Red.  I used a cute seahorse stamp from the Unity KOM July 2013 called Spirit of Summertime inked up with Versamark to remove the Perfect Pearls and leave the design.  This was the first one I did using the technique for this week and as you can see from the rubbed off places surrounding the seahorse oval, I learned that you have to spray a fixative on it to prevent rub-off.  I decided that it looked distressed with the rubbed off part, so I went ahead with using it.   I used an oval die to it out and mimic the oval shape of the stamp.  I stamped the hello sentiment on a burlap strip using Distress Oxide inks and put the oval on foam tape.  The background paper is by Graphic 45 from a collection called By the Sea. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment