Saturday, September 23, 2017

One Stamp Set Saturday - #38-2017

Saturday's challenge is to use one stamp set along with the technique for the week (Pearlized Stamp Layering). Just as a reminder, a video for the technique can be found here.

The stamp set I am using is Layered Lily by Altenew.


This set has lilies that actually use four layers.  I used two of them for the technique and stamped another, the centers, with Versafine black ink.  I stamped two of the flowers directly on the card base and stamped another on a scrap piece of the same cardstock as the base.  I fussy cut the third one and attached it with foam tape. The stems I hand drew with a marker, then added Wink of Stella to make them go better with the shimmer of the Perfect Pearls on the flowers.  Overall while I liked most of the cards with the technique, it seemed to be a lot of work (especially with having to make sure to spray with fixative).  In the end the ones I like the best were covering all of the cardstock with the Perfect Pearls and stamping to remove it with a stamp inked in Versamark.  I will probably put the technique to the side for awhile before I try it again. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment