Friday, December 15, 2017

A Foiled Holiday

Mistletoe Monday...Originally published 6-20-16

Today's Mistletoe Monday Challenge:
Use a foil or metallic card base.


Today's  challenge  was to use a metallic or foil card base.  Ok, I have some Tim Holtz metal and I hate to share lol!  But I did bust it out for the challenge.  I used a Sizzle embossing folder then mounted the metal on a green check base.  The stamp is from Deep Red.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo  Black and embossed with clear embossing  powder.  I colored it with my Spectrum  Noir  alcohol  markers.  I fussy cut it.  Really like how it turned out. ~ Gracie



For my card, I used a piece of silver shimmer paper and the Sizzix snowflake embossing folder from the Textured Impressions set – Plaid and Snowflakes. Using ink blending tools and distress inks (tumbled glass and faded jeans) to randomly add colour to a piece of white cardstock. I cut a 2” x 3” piece and using Stampin’ Up’s Ornate Tag Topper punch to create a tag. The sentiment is from Stamp Of Approval’s Holiday Magic collection – CASual Friday’s Snowy Sayings stamp set. The snowflake is cut from a scrap piece of silver shimmer paper using Stamp of Approval’s Holiday Magic collection – CASual Fridays’ Funky Flakes Fri-Dies. To complete the card, I used some silver twine to “hang” the tag and for the bow. ~ Sue




   


To make this flip card, I broke out my Snowflake Card Thinlit Die to cut my Brushed Silver card base. Sadly, both the die and the Brushed Silver are retired.  I'm looking for a new resource for the Brushed Silver and Gold card stocks if you happen to know any.  The DSP on the snowflake is Stam[in' Up's Wintergreen digital DSP.  That's topped by Silver Glimmer Paper and Island Indigo pieces, each cut with companion dies to the Snowflake Thinlit.  On the right side of the card I added Winter Frost Specialty DSP layered on a mat of Island Indigo.  I created the greeting using a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store which I converted to print only and color matched it to the Island Indigo.  Inside, I used a digital stamp from Stampin' Up as the sentiment.  ~Kim from Katydid Cards



It always amazes me when DT members take a challenge in the same way.  All three designers today,
used or created embossed foil for the card base and yet the cards are so very different.


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment