Friday, December 8, 2017

Creating cards with winter scenes...

Mistletoe Monday Challenge...Originally Posted 4-4-16
Create a card with a winter scene...bonus if your scene includes a stocking.


I used my silhouette to cut out this out and put some Tim Holtz rock candy glitter on it. ~Denise



I created the front of this card using a cut file from the Silhouette Store; however, I changed it to a print file after coloring it to match the other elements in the card.  I then matted it on gold and red mats with decorative "Art Deco" corners.  The little stocking in the lower corner is a Recollections button.  The business end of this card is actually inside.  It's a pop-up with a fireplace and roaring fire with the Christmas stockings hung...awaiting Santa's visit.  The l-o-n-g stocking belongs to my dog, Katy.  This was created using a cut file; again from the Silhouette Store.  The digital papers are from the All That's Magical kit by Traci Reed.  ~Kim

Try thinking outside the box, perhaps you don't own stamps that will make a
winter scene but you have a diecut machine, stickers, digi stamps or print a free coloring page.


I used a Bendy Snowman Scene cut file purchased in the Silhouette Store.  I used Bazzill card stock in very pale blue, light blue and medium blue for the background.  For the snowman, I used Stampin' Up's Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Real Red (which I also used on the fence) and a scrap of Only Orange for the carrot nose.  The trees are cut from scrap paper.  ~Kim




 I used a cut design called Christmas Cards Sleigh from Cricut and cut it on my Explore.  I have made this card in the past as a Shaker card and used solid colors.  This time I decided to change things up a bit and use different patterns.  That is a stretch for me because I don’t tend to mix a lot of things up, but I love quilts and thought of this as an appliqué design. I didn’t like anything I picked out for a busy background and so stayed with a solid, but one with some shading in it.  I also went to ink around the edges and messed it up a little, so I ended up highlighting by swirling on some distress ink on the frame.  The paper is from a 6 ½” pad by Kaiser Craft called Holy Night. The stamp is CTMH – Just to Say and the ink is Tim Holtz Distress – Fired Brick.  ~Denise

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT

No comments:

Post a Comment