Saturday, August 5, 2017

Shapely Saturday 31-2017

This is the day for shaped cards and with football season coming, this card is appropriate.


Card open

Our family really enjoys football and my sister-in-law is a super Ohio State fan, so I made the card for her.  The card is from the Circut cartridge called Autumn Celebrations. I sized it to be about 7 inches long so that the dots on the Sizzix embossing folder I used would look the right size.  That meant that I would have to make a separate front that could fit into my Cuttlebug.  I also had to do part of it on one pass and then carefully line up the dots to do the end of the panel since the embossing folder is only 5.5 inches long. I used distress ink along the edges and gently rubbed with a blending tool across the dots to make them show a little more.  The inside was written by my Explore.  The Block O was done on the Explore using Varsity Letters. The buckeye leaf was done by sizing and welding leaf shapes together. The buckeye itself was actually made by reshaping circles in Design Space and then cutting in vinyl since it was so small.- Denise

1 comment: