Sunday, October 15, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday - 42-2017

Hi! It’s Sue here at Card A Day Challenge Blog. We’re so pleased that you’ve stopped by.  This month, the theme is die cut techniques. This week, we’re highlighting a technique demonstrated  by Jennifer McGuire. The technique that I’ll be focusing on this week, is what she calls Stacked Die Cutting.  You can see her video here.  You’ll need nesting dies – which are dies of a specific shape which fit into one another (sort of like the Russian nesting dolls, except with dies). The “trick” is to tape the nesting dies together, so that each die is positioned evenly within the next larger die and next smaller die.
Let’s get started. My first card is for Clean & Simple Sunday. 

Here’s my card.




I used Technique Tuesday’s Nested Stars die and dark red and gold cardstock. I taped the three dies, attempting to keep the dies positioned evenly in the centre of the next larger star. I cut the gold stars from some gold cardstock. Then, deciding that I wanted the star to be off-set, I die cut the red stars with the taped dies positioned on the red panel, where I wanted the stars to be.  I used gold heat embossing for the sentiment from The Alley Way’s Mistletoe Kisses. Using a gold Sakura Gelly Roll pen, I added dash lines on the red star. I adhered the various stars, nested within each other.

Thanks for dropping by
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment