Monday, October 9, 2017

Masculine Monday 41-2017



Today's prompt is to use a die cut technique creating a masculine card.  The technique I chose today is masking with solid dimension.











The stamp and die set I chose was Tim Holtz's Compass Blueprint.  I actually combined two of the techniques since the die set is intricate - there is one stamp and four dies.  I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I had to stamp the image six times!  I used the first die cut to mask the entire compass then sponged around it with Rusty Hinge Distress ink.  I colored the remaining die cuts with Spectrum Noir markers.  I die cut each image five times and stacked them behind each colored image before attaching to the card.  It has a lot of dimension!  I added a metal dot in the center of the compass.  I placed the panel on brown card stock and on a blue card stock base.  I really like how this card turned out.  Gracie

3 comments: